Program: Physiotherapy Internship
Enrollment: Round the year
Who can Apply?
Students of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy are eligible to apply. We cater your program according to your field of interest.
Program Duration: Minimum 2 weeks to 20 weeks
Reason for choosing Physiotherapy Internship in Nepal:
The number of congenital and acquired disabilities comprises about 4% of the total population of Nepal. Amongst an expected 150 thousand people suffering from different kinds of disabilities due to a long insurgency led by Maoist, about 90% of them are living in villages and more than 80% are expected to not be enjoying rehabilitation facilities due to various reasons.
Activities During Physiotherapy Internship:
While our dynamic and widely regarded internship programs has a lot more on offer than that can be illustrated on paper, following modalities will be implemented for the students in the hospitals for the internships program:
• Observation of facilities of physiotherapy in the hospitals.
• Assessment of patients and identification of problems.
• Implementation of various treatment methods.
• In case of no improvement, further measures of assessment will be taken.
• Organizing and leading lectures, workshops
• Interaction/counseling/health education
• Working with existing staff to treat patients
Nature of Students’ Work:
Students will supervise and care for patients of following illnesses:
• Back Pain
• Shoulder Pain
• Head Injury
• Spinal Cord Injury
Physical Therapy modalities used:
1. Therapeutic Exercises
2. Therapeutic Massage
4. Acupuncture and Moxibution
Students will further be notified about our Physiotherapy Internship program in Nepal after they officially fill up the application form. Sign Up today for your physiotherapy internship in Nepal!