Program: Physiotherapy Internship
Enrollment: Round the year
Internship Nepal is an internship placement organization based in Kathmandu, Nepal that offers students the opportunities of physiotherapy internship placements with some of the most prominent hospitals in Kathmandu.
Reason for choosing Nepal:
1. The number of congenital and acquired disabilities comprises about 4% of the total population of Nepal. Number of people with different diseases indicated for physiotherapy and rehabilitation is remarkable.
2. Amongst and expected 150 thousand people suffering from different kinds of disabilities due to a long insurgency led by Maoist, about 90% of them are living in villages and more than 80% are expected to not be enjoying rehabilitation facilities due to various reasons.
3. The culture, people, lifestyle, society and festivals in Nepal are vivid, unique and interesting. Not only can students be a part of it, but they can also experience the holistic approach to treatments.
Students shall be engaged in:
While our dynamic and widely regarded internship programs has a lot more on offer than that can be illustrated on paper, following modalities will be implemented for the students in the hospitals for the internships program:
• Observation of facilities of physiotherapy in the hospitals.
• Assessment of patients and identification of problems.
• Implementation of various treatment methods.
• In case of no improvement, further measures of assessment will be taken.
• Organizing and leading lectures, workshops and on the job training for staff and students at the hospital.
• Interaction/counseling/health education
• Working with existing staff to treat patients in order to gain an understanding of medical practices in Nepal.
Nature of Students’ Work
Physiotherapy is all about patient care. After students are placed in the hospitals, they will be working completely to ensure patients’ care, which includes supervision and care for patients of following illnesses:
• Back Pain
• Shoulder Pain
• Head Injury
• Spinal Cord Injury
Following Physical Therapy modalities are used
1. Therapeutic Exercises
2. Therapeutic Massage
4. Acupuncture and Moxibution