Program: Midwifery Internship
Enrollment: Round the year
Who can apply?
Students of Nursing, Midwifery and related health subjects are eligible to apply
Program Duration: Minimum 2 weeks to 20 weeks
Internship Nepal, an internship placement organization based in Kathmandu, Nepal introduces students with the Midwifery internship placements. Students will be working in some of the most prominent hospitals in Kathmandu. Have a look at what this program entails:
• Best possible internship placements with a hospital as per the students’ interest
• Individual guidance, constant supervision throughout the program and effective evaluation at the end.
• We provide accommodation and meals in our own home at the most affordable cost. Hospitals are at walking distance from home.
Activities involved in this internship:
· Observation and analysis of the overall Nepalese health care system
· Opportunity to learn from an environment where birth rate is generally high mostly because of insufficient maternal care
· Observation of postnatal, antenatal, and delivery process alongside specialists
· Work in labor wards, theatre under dire conditions as a student
· Making a difference in the deprived communities through hands-on clinical experience in a real setting
· A huge prospect of learning about International Midwifery, especially in the Asian countries
· Learning from trained doctors, nurses and midwives the practices and cultural health approach of Nepal
· Consulting with supervisors on the dos and don’ts
Reasons for choosing Nepal:
Working in a significantly country where birth rate is high, subsequently implies that the mortality rate also has high limits. As a student, you will be placed in the toughest of scenarios, mentally, to ensure that grit in you stays without being shaken. Nepal still undergoes traditional health care system in most places, with even Kathmandu not being an exception. You’ll be joining an internship program that offers made-to-measure elective tailoring service in Nepal, one of the most beautiful countries in Asia.
Our customized abroad internships and electives placement services will enthrall you with its ideal settings, procedures and evaluation. Your work will be closely monitored by specialists and supervisors in the hospital, and in a rural setting, if need be. The culture, people, lifestyle, society and festivals in Nepal are vivid, unique and interesting. Not only can students be a part of it, but they can also experience the holistic approach to treatments.
Note: Further information about the program will be provided via email after the applicants formally fill our application form!